Welcome to ICDFI 2012 at Beijing
The First International Conference on Digital Forensics and Investigation (ICDFI)
September 21 – 23, 2012
Call for papers
Digital forensics is an emerging research area and is a truly multi-disciplinary subject that involves at least computer science, law and criminal justice. With the advancement of technologies, crime investigation, especially on digital evidence, becomes difficult. This not only poses challenges to computer scientists and law enforcement units on how to identify, preserve and collect digital evidence from different platforms and media such as Internet, mobile phone, cloud system, and emerging storage devices, but also poses challenges to the legal systems on what kind of digital evidence is admissible to courts and what needs to be amended and added in the ordinance.
About this new series of conferences
The First International Conference on Digital Forensics and Investigation
(ICDFI) will be held in Beijing, China 21-23 September, 2012. This new series of conferences is proposed by Prof. KP Chow and Prof. Rongsheng Xu in view of the need to promote the research area of digital forensics and investigation in China, to facilitate the exchange of ideas of researchers in China and international experts, and to provide a platform for the young researchers to interact with worldwide and local experts.
This series of conferences will be hosted by
This conference series will also be co-organized by Network Security Lab, Institute of High Energy Physics (IHEP), Chinese Academy of Sciences and sponsored by Information Security and Forensics Society (ISFS) in Hong Kong.
In the first few years, the conference will be held in different cities in China by starting in Beijing and co-organized by a local institute.
Afterwards, it may be moved out and held in other international
of the conference
(1) The first aim is to bring together the experts in this area (both academics and practitioners) to present the latest research results, newly developed tools/techniques as well as the impact and development in law related to digital forensics.
(2) The second aim is to provide a platform to encourage young researchers to participate and interact with experts in this area. Authors are encouraged to submit research papers on the following topics.
(3) Bring in international
experts to work with researchers in China in this important and
Highlights of this year's conference
(1) Local Organizer:
Chinese People's Public Security University
one of the most famous universities for police officers in
Keynote Speeches: Three international experts are invited to give keynote speeches and discus with participants.
Panel discussion: "What is next for digital
forensics in China?" -
A panel discussion chaired by one of the programme chairs (Liping Ding) with members from international and local forensics experts is being organized to talk about
this important topic.
interests include, but are not limited to the followings:
- Digital forensics tools and applications
- Digital crime investigation
- Privacy and integrity issues in digital forensics
- Identification, authentication and collection of digital evidence
- Computer and network forensics
- Live and memory forensics
- Cyber crime forensics
- Cloud and mobile devices forensics
- Social networking forensics
- Image and video forensics
- Incident response
- Anti-forensic techniques
- Issues in law related to digital forensics
All submissions must be in English and must not substantially duplicate work that has published in a journal or a conference/workshop with proceedings, or has submitted to a journal or a conference/workshop with proceedings. Papers will be accepted based on peer review. A paper should not exceed 10 pages (single column with at least 11 point font size), including figures and references. Accepted papers will be further edited by the conference organizing team and published in a lecture series.
Submissions should be sent by email to
Submission deadline: 15 June, 2012
Acceptance Notification: 13 Aug, 2012
Final manuscript deadline: 3 Sept, 2012